Jim Zub talks to The Mosaik Project extensively about all things comics/art: Skullkickers, UDON, art portfolios, Canadian comics, webcomics, animation, online identity and a whole lot more.
The Daily Blam gets a big charge out of Skullkickers #7, giving the issue 4/5
\”Jim Zub has established an excellent set of personalities that stay strong in the title\’s second story arc.\”
The Kwok Talk podcast chats about Skullkickers (and also The Sixth Gun done by our pals Cullen and Brian) on their latest episode. They even put together a little radio play of Shorty\’s poison stew trip-out scene! Click on through to check it out.
Skullkickers coverage begins at 15:25 into the podcast.
It\’s wonderful to be back on the stands with a new issue of Skullkickers. Thank you everyone who has been e-mailing us such positive and enthusiastic feedback on the issue. Here are some reviews coming from around the web:
• Ain\’t It Cool News calls it \”an imaginative and fun tale \”.
• Geeks of Doom raves that \”awesomeness exudes off of every single page\”.
• Third Eye Comics tells their customers that \”it’s proven itself to be one of the coolest new Image series to come out in the last year\”.
• Weekly Comic Book Review lets us know that \”The whole bloodbath is so ludicrous that I couldn’t help but laugh\”.
• Mondo Comics says \”I do love a good awkward dinner party, and boy did Skullkickers deliver.\”
Keep \’em coming, folks! We love reading your thoughts on the series!
JK Parkin at Robot 6 sits down with Jim Zub to discuss Skullkickers\’ second arc and it includes an in-depth discussion of the importance of retailer support and consistent shipping. Check it out!
Digital comic platform comiXology has just posted up the sixth issue of Skullkickers on their site for instant digital purchase and reading. Alongside that they\’ve also got a brand new 2 part interview on their blog about the series and our future plans.
Owen Craig at Mondo talks to Jim Zub all about Skullkickers\’ second story arc. It\’s a nice interview that talks about staying new-reader friendly, keeping the story fresh and how the creative team is hitting their stride.
Comic Book Fury has new preview images of Skullkickers #7 and a quick interview with Edwin Huang about his artistic involvement with the series.
Comic book mega-news site Newsarama has a brand new interview with Jim Zub all about the new arc of Skullkickers that starts today with the release of our seventh issue.
Click through to read all about character names, new villains and future storyline material.
It\’s been a few months as we revved up production on our second arc but today\’s finally the day – Skullkickers is back!
Please head on down to your local comic shop and pick up a copy of #7, the first part of our second bombastic story arc, and let us know what you think of it!
If you\’re at all on the fence, let us entice you with:
– An exclusive 6 page preview of Shinku, a new creator-owned series coming next month from Image.
– More banter
– A bloody and violent dinner party
– The word \”jumblies\”
– Our two mercenary morons finally get names!
GO! Buy the issue, show your friends, support creator-owned comics!